Grimsby Dog Training Classes
Our Happy Dog Foundation Skills Classes take place in Grimsby on Tuesday evenings at 7.30pm and are designed for dogs aged 21 weeks or over, and rescue dogs that have been recently re-homed. We firmly believe no dog is too old to learn and welcome older dogs in class too.
Class sizes are kept deliberately small – between 4 to 6 dogs per class – to ensure that everyone gets enough one to one attention and that our canine classmates have enough space to themselves in class.
Why Happy Dog Classes?
Our Happy Dog Foundation Skills Classes are designed to provide you and your dog with the foundations for a happy and successful relationship.
We concentrate on teaching the key skills that our dogs need to live in the 21st century and providing practical solutions for the constraints of modern living. Each week the course has a specific theme and set of life skills, based on the needs of dogs and their human homes.
You will also learn how to understand your dog’s behaviour, recognise signs of stress, as well as the common causes of unwanted behaviour and, more importantly, how to address the cause (not just the symptom).
However, if your dog has fear or aggression issues towards other dogs or people, a class environment will not be suitable. Please let us know if this is the case and we can organise a one to one training session.
Over the course, you and your dog will learn how to:
- Walk nicely on a loose lead
- Come back when called
- Listen to cues, such as sit/down/stand
- Have good manners and say ‘please’
- Deal with frustration and not always getting what they want
- Settle in one place – both at home and when out and about
- Greet other people and dogs, politely
- Deal with the unknown and new experiences
- Incorporate fun games, tricks and scentwork into your everyday training
When and where?
Classes take place in Grimsby on Tuesday evenings. Classes start at 7.30pm and last for an hour each week, over a block of 7 weeks (with the exception of week 1, which starts at 6.00pm and is for humans only).
The course includes:
- A copy of the book – Helping Minds Meet (normally retails for £12)
- A range of additional handouts after each class
- A doggy goody bag
- Certificate and rosette upon completion of course