Our 'Firm Foundations' beginner's dog training classes are ideal for dogs aged 21 weeks or over, and rescue dogs that have been re-homed within the last 3 months. The aim of these classes is to provide you and your dog with the 'Firm Foundations' for a happy and successful relationship. We concentrate on teaching the key skills that our dogs need to live in the 21st century and providing practical solutions for the constraints of modern living.
When and where?
Classes take place in Grimsby on Tuesday evenings. Classes start at 7.30pm and last for an hour each week, over a block of 6 weeks.
Class sizes are kept deliberately small - with a maximum of 6 dogs per class - to ensure that everyone gets enough one to one attention and that our canine class mates have enough space to themselves in class. We firmly believe no dog is too old to learn and welcome older dogs in class too.
However, if your dog has fear or aggression issues towards other dogs or people, a class environment will not be suitable. Please let us know if this is the case and we can organise a one to one training session.
What our classes cover:
- An introduction to clicker training (FREE clicker provided)
- Improving doggy social skills and manners
- Loose lead walking
- Coming back when called (Recall)
- How to gain and keep your dog's attention
- Polite greetings
- Confidence building
- The positions (Sit, Stand, Down)
- Impulse control exercises - such as 'Leave it'
- Wait and Stay (and the difference between them)
- An introduction to trick training & scent work
The cost of a 6-week course is £72 (+ £2.85 if paying by PayPal) and includes:
- A range of handouts after each class
- Graduation certificate and rosette (at end of course)
- James Wellbeloved goody bag (at end of course)
Book your place:
To guarantee your place, simply pay by PayPal (on the right).